A hybrid cloud model is integration in its broadest sense, across multiple vendors, and it will impact your infrastructure, development platforms, applications and databases. You’ll need a well-designed technical strategy to support your goals and overcome the challenges of moving to a hybrid cloud environment, along with a budget to support both.
In our last blog post we discussed the first 4 tactical considerations for moving to a hybrid cloud solution. With this post we will discuss the additional 5 considerations you should take into account.
5. Develop a functional network design
6. Segment workloads to prioritize performance and control
- Need to keep information confidential
- Regulatory or security requirements
- Need for reliable consistent performance
- Revenue generation
- Audit or change control requirements
- Data volume and scale